Potensi Infusa Daun Sirsak (Annona Muricata) Sebagai Daya Larvasida Larva Aedes aegypti


Background: Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) which is caused by dengue virus remains a global health problem that belongs to Indonesia also. Transmission works through the bite of female Aedes aegypti. An attempt is developing bioinsecticide with no harm which is involved to vector control such as leaves of the soursop (Annona muricata) that contains active substances such as saponins, tannins, and alkaloids that serves as larvicides. Aims: This research attempted to discover soursop leaves infuse with various concentrations served as larvacide to mortality of larva of A. aegypti. Method: This was a quasi-experimental research with posttest group design which conducted in parasitology laboratory of Poltekkes Kemenkes Yogyakarta. The subjects of research that infuse soursop leaves with a concentration of 15% and 20%, while the object of research is the number of deaths the third instar larvae of A. eagypti after addition of various concentrations of soursop leaf infusion. Result: Larvicidal activity test soursop leaf infusion using 15% concentration can kill larvae of A. aegypti by 75%, while 20% concentration can kill larvae of A. aegypti by 85%. Statistical analysis using ANOVA test is known that administration of soursop leaves infuse a significant influence against A. aegypti larvae mortality (p <0.001). Conclusion: Soursop leaves infuse with a concentration of 15% and 20% having a larvicidal activity of A. aegypti.